Simply put, Pilates is a comprehensive exercise system using mat work and specialize equipment to deliver optimal strength, flexibility and endurance while improving posture, increasing bone mass and strengthening the spine.
Developed in the 1930's by Joseph Pilates, this mind-body technique simultaneously strengthens, stretches and defines all the muscle groups.
These exercises are designed to increase body awareness, build muscle tone, balance the postural muscles and strengthen the entire musuloskeletal system from the core. They add strenth and flexibility to the muscles and joints as well as helping to prevent injury during other activities.
Benefits of Pilates
* Strenthens and tones abdominal, buttock and back muscles
* Develops muscular balance and core stability
* Maximizes strenghth and flexibility
* Reduces stress and muscle tension
* Creates longer, leaner muscles
It is the perfect workout for all ages and fitness levels